About Me

My photo
I have dedicated all of my time to the welfare, upkeep, control, future, problem solving, compromising, cleanliness, and order to my home, my children, my dog, my two cats, my two fish, and my husband. I have opted to put all my time, sanity, self control, patience, impatience, good grace, and stellar personality into this effort. I am happy to clean, willing to be walked all over, content to attend to my dirty duties, and totally convinced I have the best job in the world. Give or take a couple days.

December 28, 2011

...while wiping the counters

I knew it was going to break. I looked at the thing and said "that cup is too close to the edge of the counter, it's going to fall and break." So why didn't I move it? Why didn't I scoot it three inches back? What kind of overwhelming laziness took over me? So here's the mess and holy cow, it must have landed beautifully because it has covered the entire kitchen floor with even distribution. So instead of taking the two seconds to scoot the cup back or, God forbid, wash it and put it away, I now have the task of sweeping the floor at least twice, vaccuuming the floor repeatedly, scouring every surrounding room to make sure glass didn't magically shoot from wall to wall and end up in the basement like it has been known to do, and then I get to worry about the invisible shards of glass that cling to the cracks inside the grout, just waiting to pop up one day into a little foot. There are no tweezers small enough for those buggers. I have such wonderful foresight as a mom and a housewife. I don't know why I don't take advantage of this gift to save myself from these disasters. Two seconds and three inches could have rescued me. Two seconds and three inches. Well then, let the cleaning commence!

1 comment:

  1. I worry over those same little shards of glass myself, Sarah, and have for years. But the good news is, they have never reared their ugly little shardy heads to attack and/or embed their nasty little selves into the bottoms of my little peoples feet. Phew!

    Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete