About Me

My photo
I have dedicated all of my time to the welfare, upkeep, control, future, problem solving, compromising, cleanliness, and order to my home, my children, my dog, my two cats, my two fish, and my husband. I have opted to put all my time, sanity, self control, patience, impatience, good grace, and stellar personality into this effort. I am happy to clean, willing to be walked all over, content to attend to my dirty duties, and totally convinced I have the best job in the world. Give or take a couple days.

August 17, 2010

...while preparing lasagne

Housewife. Why HOUSEwife? What other types of "wife" are there? Are we called housewife in Poland? Or Africa? Or Korea? Why not a "kitchenwife"? If you work are you called a workwife? Why aren't I a housemom? Housemomwife? What a stupid train of thought. But I really want to know what I would be called if I lived in another country.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it came from Polygamy. This is my housewife, this is my field wife, this is my store wife... eventually there was only 1 wife who spent most of her time in the house, becoming the one and only house wife. Just a theory.

    ReplyDelete